At The University of Toledo, the bow tie is synonymous with the fight against prostate cancer.
As part of a new partnership with the Cleveland Cavaliers, The University of Toledo Bow Tie Bracket Challenge will run through Sunday, Feb. 22. The co-branded promotion will encourage fans to vote for which Cavaliers personality best wears a bow tie.
“This is an opportunity for The University of Toledo to partner with one of the most important brands in sports to help UT’s efforts to raise prostate cancer awareness,” said Lawrence J. Burns, UT vice president for external affairs and prostate cancer survivor.
Those participating in the challenge are:
• Campy Russell, TV analyst for FoxSports Ohio and Cavaliers legend;
• Austin Carr, TV analyst for FoxSports Ohio and Cavaliers legend;
• Allie Clifton, Cavaliers sideline reporter with FoxSports Ohio;
• Fred McLeod, TV analyst with FoxSports Ohio;
• Ahmaad Crump, hype man/in-arena host with the Cleveland Cavaliers;
• Moondog, a Cavaliers mascot;
• SirCC, a Cavaliers mascot; and
• Olivier “The Voice” Sedra, announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Winners will advance to the next round and a champion of the Bracket Bow Tie Challenge will be recognized when the Cavaliers take on the Boston Celtics on Tuesday, March 3.
All fans who vote via the cavs.com/uttieoneon website in the “Tie One On” Bow Tie Bracket Challenge will be entered to win two floor seats to the Cavs vs. Boston Celtics game Tuesday, March 3, where the champion will be recognized. The winning fans also will earn two benchwarmer passes, a Cavaliers prize pack, and a UT/Cavs bow tie designed specially for the event.
The event is part of a partnership between UT and BowTie Cause, a national initiative founded by former NFL linebacker Dhani Jones that designs bow ties for charitable efforts across the country.
“For more than five years, we’ve been working to support the fight against prostate cancer at our Eleanor N. Dana Cancer Center and UT Health clinics throughout the Toledo community,” Burns said. “It’s incredible to see the Cavs stand with us to join this fight.”