Monday, Feb. 27, is the deadline to submit nominations for the UT Outstanding Faculty Research and Scholarship Award.
Since 1985, this award has recognized full-time faculty members who have contributed to the University through outstanding research, scholarship and creative activity in any academic discipline.
Any full-time faculty member who made valuable contributions during his or her time at the University and has not received the award in the past is eligible. A list of past winners is available here.
Both self-nominations and peer-nominations are being accepted.
Nominations must use the form here and address:
• The nature and significance of the research, scholarship or creative activity upon which the nomination is based;
• The impact of the research, scholarship or creative activity on the nominee’s area of specialization;
• How the research, scholarship or creative activity was presented and disseminated to the nominee’s peers and to the wider professional community;
• Awards, honors or other recognition of the significance of the research, scholarship or creative activity;
• Support received for the nominee’s activities; and
• A complete curriculum vitae and signed and dated letters of recommendation (reprints, books and posters will not be accepted).
The Outstanding Research and Scholarship Selection Committee, which consists of past winners of this award, will review all materials. Dr. Frank Calzonetti, vice president of research, will present the committee’s recommendations to the provost.
“The quality of research and scholarship conducted every day at UT is amazing,” Calzonetti said. “This is a chance to submit nominations so deserving individuals receive recognition.”
Winners will receive $1,500 and formal recognition at the UT Outstanding Awards Reception Monday, April 17, at 5:30 p.m. in the Thompson Student Union Ingman Room.
Nomination forms and questions should be submitted to email@example.com.