The University of Toledo will host a group of nearly 250 high school students and administrators Tuesday, April 30, at 8:50 a.m. in the Student Union as the capstone to the Leadership With Swagger Initiative.
The group, representing schools from across northwest Ohio, began the initiative in February, as John Henry Livingston, a motivational speaker, trainer and founder of Whirlwind U, partnered with the University and Lawrence J. Burns, UT vice president for external affairs, introduced them to Lifeplan, a new peer development mentoring program.
Tuesday’s event marks the highlight of the Swagger initiative and will include various schools’ presentations and videos created by participating students that showcase their definition of “swagger.” This portion of the conference will take place at 12:15 p.m. in the Student Union Ingman Room.
In addition to Livingston and Burns, presenters for the day will include:
• Tricia Cullop, University of Toledo women’s head basketball coach;
• Rodney Eason, associate vice president for Fifth Third Bank; and
• A representative from Root Learning Inc.
The event also will include a UT Residence Life presentation, the selection of the SWAG All-Star, and a CEO/Executive Roundtable, “Leading With Confidence.” The roundtable will include:
• Robert LaClair, chief executive officer for Fifth Third Bank;
• Marianne Ballas of Ballas Buick GMC;
• Jon Harris, McDonald’s restaurant area franchisee;
• Derick Gant, president of Gant Financial Advisors; and more.
For more information, contact Livingston at jhl@whirlwindU or 419.283.7170.