The Main Campus Medical Center is offering expanding wellness services for all University faculty and staff.
“Wellness is the new trend in health care, and being an advocate for your own health is so important for prevention,” said Vicki Riddick, director of the Office of Community Wellness and Health Promotion.
Services that are being offered at the Main Campus Medical Center are:
• Personal wellness profile;
• Total cholesterol and glucose screenings (non-fasting); and
• Massage therapy.
Most people know that massage therapy is useful for relaxation, but Riddick said there are numerous other benefits, including:
• Relieving muscle tension;
• Improving immune function;
• Combating depression;
• Improving mental focus and attitude; and
• Decreasing symptoms of headaches/migraines, insomnia and arthritis.
There are two licensed massage therapists, Vicki L. Feit and Hieu Ngyuen, who will provide massage therapy at the Main Campus Medical Center Employee Clinic.
“The University of Toledo cares about your health and encourages you to call and take advantage of these wonderful services,” Riddick said.
For more information or to make an appointment, call the Main Campus Medical Center Employee Health Clinic at 419.530.3581.