With the refurbishment of the University Hall roof slated for this summer, UT officials and project contractors will host a briefing specifically targeted at employees who work in the building to alert them of what to expect.
Crews will work to minimize any inconvenience that may come from entrances being temporarily closed as well as any fumes that will be generated as the roof is replaced.
The briefing will take place Tuesday, June 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Student Union Room 2592, where Tim Tache from Total Roof Management will speak.
Additional project attendees who can help answer questions will be:
• Jerry Vols, Duket Architects;
• Bob Lee, Lee Construction;
• Bob Zapp, Trisco, a building restoration firm;
• Tim Kreft, UT project manager; and
• Mike Valigosky, UT director of environmental health and radiation safety.
“This is a big project and while we hope to have a minimal impact on UT community members working in University Hall, we do want to provide an opportunity for people to ask questions and learn more about the project,” Kreft said.