The Human Resources Department is offering an interactive training series for managers and supervisors at The University of Toledo Medical Center.
The workshops, which are targeted toward new managers or supervisors, or those who have not participated previously, will be held in a brown-bag format from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays starting Aug. 3 in the Dana Conference Center.
“We are offering these sessions to remind our managers that we are here to support them,” said Linda Torbet, the unit director for employment and labor relations. “A lot of the information will be geared toward American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees contract administration, but topics will be broad enough to cover nonunion workers as well.”
Topics will include management rights, tools to improve employee performance, employment processes, and FMLA/sick leave/unscheduled absence management. A new session this year will cover diversity in the workplace and review of the harassment policy.
“The session leaders are all from Human Resources and are experts in different areas,” Torbet said. “Who better to teach than those who live and breathe these strategies every day.”
The schedule is:
• Aug. 3: Collective Bargaining and Public Employment (Dana Conference Seneca Room);
• Aug. 10: The Hiring Process and PIQ Process (Seneca Room);
• Aug. 17: Tools to Improving Employee Performance, Part 1 (Seneca Room);
• Aug. 24: Tools to Improving Employee Performance, Part 2 (Seneca Room);
• Aug. 31: Performance Evaluations and Joint Commission Requirements (Seneca Room);
• Sept. 14: Federal Mandates (FMLA/ADA/Wage and Hour) (Seneca Room);
• Sept. 21: UTMC Leave of Absence and Attendance (Faculty Club Room);
• Sept. 28: Substance Abuse (Seneca Room);
• Oct. 5: Problem Solving/Grievance Handling (Seneca Room); and
• Oct. 12: Diversity in the Workplace and Review of Harassment Policy (Seneca Room).
Each session has a capacity of 40 participants.
Registrations are requested by Wednesday, July 20, via email to Melissa Auberle in Human Resources at email@example.com.