University of Toledo Board of Trustees Chair Joseph Zerbey announced the members of the search committee that will recommend an unranked slate of presidential candidates to the board for its selection.
Zerbey will serve as chair of the search committee, and Board Vice Chair Sharon Speyer will serve as vice chair of the committee.
“This is a committee representing the broad diversity of The University of Toledo and the expansive impact it has on so many groups of people,” Zerbey said. “The committee includes students, faculty, staff, alumni and donors. It has representatives from colleges and departments across UT’s campuses, and it reflects the University community in terms of ethnicity, viewpoint and professional experiences.”
Also serving on the committee will be:
• Dave Morlock, executive vice president for finance and administration and chief executive officer of UT Medical Center;
• Dr. Karen Hoblet, president of the Faculty Senate and assistant professor of nursing;
• Dr. Karen Bjorkman, dean of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics;
• Dr. Johnnie Early, dean of the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences;
• Dr. Ali Fatemi, Distinguished University Professor in the Department of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering;
• Dr. Kris Brickman, professor and chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine;
• Dr. Sonia Najjar, Hiss Endowed Professor of Diabetes Research in the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology;
• Mike O’Brien, vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics;
• Clayton Notestine, president of Student Government;
• Connie Zouhary, vice chair of the UT Foundation Board and executive vice president of Buckenmeyer & King, CPA;
• Bob Savage, co-founder of Savage & Associates, former UT Board of Trustees member, a UT donor and recipient of a UT honorary degree;
• Susan Palmer, former UT Board of Trustees member and a UT donor;
• George Chapman, former CEO of Health Care REIT, former MCO and UT Board of Trustees member, and a UT donor;
• Luis Santiago, chief, Toledo Fire and Rescue;
• Greg Kopan, CEO of Beacon Financial, former chair of the UT Foundation, and a member of the UT real estate committee;
• Richard McQuade, former federal district judge, former UT Board of Trustees member, a UT donor and a holder of two UT degrees;
• Chuck Sullivan, retired CEO of Interstate Bakeries, former chair of the UT Foundation Board of Trustees, a UT donor and recipient of a UT honorary degree;
• Calvin Lawshe, former UT vice president for student affairs and former city of Toledo administrator.
“This is an incredibly dynamic and complex time for higher education and the health-care industry, and I have no doubt that the collective wisdom, expertise and points of view represented by this committee will help us find the man or woman who will be a great leader for UT in the years to come,” Zerbey said.