Countdown to UT, an event geared toward transfer and adult students, will be held Saturday, Aug. 6, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Rocket Hall to help people complete the steps to start at the University for fall semester.
“We wanted to bring everything together so students can get help and check something off their lists — no matter where they are in the admission process,” said Cathi Kwapich, director of the UT Office of Undergraduate Admission.
“Countdown to UT is being held because the clock is ticking toward the start of fall semester on Aug. 22. We wanted to hold a special Saturday event outside of our normal office hours where anyone interested in UT can come and learn more.”
At the event, attendees can:
• Apply and get admitted — Bring official high school or GED transcripts and ACT/SAT scores, as well as transcripts from all other colleges/universities attended. UT is deferring the $40 application fee.
• Create a UTAD account — The special UT student account is needed to take placement tests and sign up for classes.
• Take placement tests — Take the tests to be placed in the correct level of various courses. These need to be completed one week prior to attending orientation.
• Register for orientation — Admitted students can sign up for an orientation date, when they’ll meet with an adviser and register for classes.
• File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) — Financial Aid staff will be there to answer questions and help.
• Turn in any requested documents — Applicants can drop off any transcripts or scores UT needs to complete their admission decision.
• Talk about majors and degrees — Staff from the College of Business and Innovation and other areas will be there to answer questions.
To register for this free, public event, visit utoledo.edu/countdownUT.
For questions, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission, at 419.530.8888.