A convocation ceremony welcoming faculty and staff back to campus will be held Tuesday, Aug. 26, at 3 p.m. in Doermann Theater in University Hall on Main Campus.
Transportation will be provided for Scott Park and Health Science Campus employees.
“Before we commit in earnest to the happy flurry of activity that is a welcome part of each new semester, I hope you can join me, the UT leadership team, and leaders of the various organizations representing UT employees for the 2014 faculty and staff convocation,” wrote Interim President Nagi Naganathan in a letter to campus sent Aug. 12.
“The faculty and staff convocation is an opportunity for us to come together as a University community and a chance for me to express my thanks for your efforts as we look forward to a great academic year,” Naganathan said.
Following the ceremony, an informal reception with light refreshments will be held in front of University Hall or in the hallway just outside of Doermann if it rains.
A shuttle bus will stop on Health Science Campus and Scott Park before and after the event. The schedule is:
• Pick-up at north entrance of Mulford Library at 2:30 p.m.
• Pick-up at Scott Park east side at Area 22 at 2:40 p.m.
• Drop-off in front of University Hall on Bancroft Street for program followed by reception with refreshments
• Pick-up on Bancroft Street at 4:20 p.m.
• Return to Mulford Library and Scott Park campuses.