The University of Toledo will introduce a new pregame event for fans this football season called Stadium Drive Live, presented by iHeart Radio.
Stadium Drive Live, which is free to attend, will take place prior to the first five Saturday home games of the 2018 football season and provide a community tailgate for all Rocket football fans.
Opening three hours prior to kickoff, Stadium Drive Live will give fans a chance to play tailgate games and listen to live music performances on the Battery Wholesale stage. Fans will be able to purchase food and beverages from Aramark’s Tailgate Gourmet II booth, which will offer grilled hamburgers and hot dogs as well as other items, in addition to other food trucks and the Bud Light Beer Garden.
Stadium Drive Live will be located adjacent to the Glass Bowl on Stadium Drive. With the street closures to accommodate Stadium Drive Live, fans with parking passes for lots 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 will be instructed to enter their respective parking areas the following ways:
• For lots 3, 4, 5, and 6: Enter off Douglas Road through parking lot 4.
• For lot 10: Enter off Douglas Road from East Rocket Drive to Stadium Drive, and then enter lot 10 through the south entrance right before the crosswalk near the Rocket and Larimer complex.
Listed by date, musical acts to perform at Stadium Drive Live on the stage Powered by Battery Wholesale will be:
• Sept. 1 (Virginia Military Institute) — Kentucky Chrome;
• Sept. 15 (Miami) — Last Born Sons;
• Sept. 22 (Nevada) — Andrew Ellis;
• Oct. 6 (Bowling Green) — Distant Cousinz; and
• Oct. 20 (Buffalo) — Arctic Clam.
Stadium Drive Live is sponsored by iHeart Radio, Battery Wholesale, Bud Light, Treu House of Munch and Ace Sanitation.
Individual and season tickets for the 2018 season are on sale. Stop by the UT Athletic Ticket Office, located in the Sullivan Athletic Complex at Savage Arena, go online at utrockets.com, or call 419.530.GOLD (4653).