It’s October and time to celebrate Muslim Heritage Month.
“Muslim Heritage Month is a time for all of us, regardless of our beliefs and practices, to remember who we are and where we come from,” said Rida Naqvi, co-president of the Muslim Student Association. “We hope that this month brings the opportunity for each of us at The University of Toledo to come together and welcome different ideas and traditions.”
• Thursday, Oct. 3 — Muslim Heritage Month Kickoff, noon to 2 p.m., Thompson Student Union Steps. Stop by for some baklava and learn more about events planned for the event from members of the Muslim Student Association.
• Monday, Oct. 7 — Muslim Student Association Bonfire, 7 p.m., the Flatlands. Have some sweet treats and meet members.
• Friday, Oct. 18 — Public Jumma Prayer, time to be announced, Thompson Student Union Ingman Room. Observe Friday prayer and learn more about Muslim religious beliefs and practices.
• Thursday, Oct. 24 — Volleyball Tournament, 6 to 9 p.m., Health Education Center Court Three. Dig it — and get to know UToledo Muslim community members.
• Monday, Oct. 28 — Interfaith Panel, 6 p.m., Thompson Student Union Room 2592. Join an interfaith dialogue and learn about different beliefs.
“We look forward to joining with the campus community as we celebrate our Muslim Heritage and learn more about each other,” said Naqvi, who is majoring in biology.
For more information, go to the Office of Multicultural Student Success website or call 419.530.2261.