UToledo faculty, staff, students, alumni and fans traveling to Main Campus Saturday, Oct. 5, should note the Homecoming Parade’s direction and several parking lot closures.
The Edward C. and Helen G. Schmakel Homecoming Parade, will start at10:30 a.m. Sponsored by Blue Key National Honor Society and supported by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership and the Office of Alumni Engagement, the parade will begin at West Bancroft Street and Campus Road and go east to Cheltenham Road to Christie Street to Middlesex Drive and back to West Bancroft. Check out a map on the UToledo Homecoming website.
As the floats, dignitaries, alumni and parade participants assemble, parking lots 12 (east of the Law Center) and 13 (in front of the West Parking Garage) will be closed, and lot 14 (between MacKinnon and Memorial Field House) will be impacted until the parade passes through – from approximately 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Lots 12 and 13 will close at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4, and reopen after the parade. All cars will need to be removed by this time. The West Parking Garage will be available for parking before the parade begins; however, vehicles will not be able to exit until the completion of the parade around approximately 1 p.m.
These lot closures are in addition to other areas that are routinely closed on game day:
• Lot 3 by Savage Arena;
• Lot 4 by Savage Arena;
• Lot 5 by Savage Arena;
• Lot 6 north of the Health Education Building;
• Lot 7 by McComas Village;
• Lot 8 south of Carter Hall;
• Lot 9 south of the Glass Bowl;
• Lot 10 north of the Glass Bowl;
• Lot 18 behind the University Computer Center; and
• Lot 28 west of Plant Operations.
During the parade, the entrances to Campus Drive and West Towerview Boulevard also will be closed. As a result, drivers are encouraged to use the following alternate lots Saturday, Oct. 5:
• Lot 1N by McMaster Hall;
• Lot 1S by the Health and Human Services Building;
• Lot 2 in front of the East Parking Garage;
• Lot 17 by the Driscoll Center;
• Lot 19 west of the North Engineering Building;
• Lot 20 south of Palmer Hall;
• Lot 25 by Rocket Hall;
• Lot 26 by the Main Campus Medical Center;
• Lot 27 west of the Transportation Center; and
• The East Parking Garage.
Staff will be on hand to open lots 12 and 13 as soon as the parade passes through and to help ensure traffic is well-managed on Homecoming Day when additional vehicles will be on campus.