It’s time to remember the old days and look back on good times: Nostalgia will rule at The University of Toledo’s “A Blast From the Past” Homecoming.
Monday, Oct. 20
• Corn Hole Tournament, 5 to 8 p.m., Student Recreation Center.
Tuesday, Oct. 21
• Field Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Centennial Mall. Check out the free food and games. At noon, the top 10 Homecoming candidates will be announced.
• Kickball Tournament, 6 to 8 p.m., Glass Bowl.
Wednesday, Oct. 22
• Midnight Breakfast, 11 p.m. to 1 a.m., Parks Tower.
Thursday, Oct. 23
• College of Business and Innovation Alumni Affiliate Dean’s Breakfast, 7:30 a.m., Toledo Club Centennial Room, 235 14th St. Hear from the college’s new dean, Dr. Gary Insch, as well as UT alumni and local business leaders during the program, which will start at 8 a.m. Register for the free program by contacting the Office of Alumni Relations at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Oct. 24
• Homecoming Alumni Gala and Awards Ceremony, 6 p.m., Student Union Auditorium. The Alumni Association will present this year’s Blue T, Gold T and Edward H. Schmidt Young Alum Award, and college and affiliate award winners will be honored. Tickets are $30 per person, $11 for children. For more information or to make a reservation, contact the Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or email@example.com..
Saturday, Oct. 25
• The Edward C. and Helen G. Schmakel Homecoming Parade, 9:30 a.m. Sponsored by Blue Key, the parade will begin at West Bancroft Street and go to Middlesex Drive to Hughes Drive to Cheltenham Road and back on West Bancroft Street.
• Alumni Tailgate, 11 a.m., William and Carol Koester Alumni Pavilion. Stop by for free hot dogs, chips and pop; beer, wine, bloody marys and Rocket fuel (vodka mixed drink) will be available for purchase with proper ID. And there’ll be live music by Five O’Clock Rush.
• Toledo vs. UMass Homecoming Game, 2 p.m., Glass Bowl. See you at the game! Cheer on the Rockets and see the crowning of the Homecoming king and queen. Tickets are $25 for reserved seating; $12.50 for children 12 and younger; half off for UT faculty and staff; and free for UT students with IDs. For tickets, call 419.530.GOLD (4653).
Sunday, Oct. 26
• Golden Anniversary Class of 1964 Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Stone Oak Country Club, 100 Stone Oak Blvd., Holland. Cost is $25. For more information, call the Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586).
For more information, go to utoledo.edu/homecoming/events.html or call the UT Alumni Relations Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or the UT Office of Student Involvement at 419.530.4944.