Are you looking for a way to help others during the holidays? There are several options available for UToledo community members to support area families.
Stuff the Stocking is the Salvation Army’s new program that replaces the Adopt-A-Family Program. Those who would like to participate should:
• Fill each stocking with unwrapped toys for one child; and
• Return the stocking(s) to the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership in Thompson Student Union Room 1532 before 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6.
Another way to help those in need is to participate in the Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive. 13abc, the Salvation Army and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves (Toys for Tots) are teaming up for another year of supporting families. To participate:
• Drop off new, unwrapped toys by Friday, Dec. 13, at any of the numerous locations, which can be found on the 13abc website.
• Stop by the annual Hope for the Holidays Drive-Thru Bash Friday, Dec. 6 at 13abc, 4247 Dorr St. The event will include Santa Claus, live entertainment, and dozens of special guests.
In addition, the Salvation Army is looking for volunteers to help in a variety of ways at the Toy Shop:
• Be a personal shopping attendant — 40 volunteer shoppers per hour are needed to take clients around to tables to select toys for their children;
• Restock books, scarves, stuffed animals, puzzles and toys at the tables; or
• Assist clients to their cars with their toys when they are finished shopping.
Volunteers can help for one hour, one morning/afternoon, or the entire day on Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 18 and 19, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To volunteer for the Toy Shop, call Maj. Barbara Duperree at 419.241.1138.