The UT Payroll Department is asking employees to elect to receive their W-2s online this year to help the University reduce the amount of paper it distributes.
Employees must provide consent — or already have done so in a previous year — to only receive their 2013 W-2 tax forms in the myUT portal on the employee tab beginning Wednesday, Jan. 29.
To consent to receive your W-2 online:
• Log in to the myUT portal.
• Click on the employee tab and select the “tax forms” link in the My Toolkit list.
• Select “electronic W-2 consent” option.
• A window will pop up that explains the consent form option; if you agree, check the box to consent and hit submit at the bottom of the page.
• You must provide electronic consent by 9 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, if you would like to only receive your W-2 online.
Once employees provide consent, W-2s will be available online only for viewing and printing and will not be mailed.
2013 W-2s for those who choose not to provide consent by Jan. 27 will be mailed to current permanent address by Friday, Jan. 31. To view or change that address, click on the link for “update addresses and phones information” on the employee tab and then click on “current permanent address.” W-2s will be available online for employees who choose to also receive a copy in the mail.
As an additional incentive, UT will randomly draw 10 names from the pool of people who elect the online W-2 option and provide them with a $20 voucher for the Rocket Shop or Rocky’s Grille. Winners will be notified by email.
If you have questions, contact the Payroll Department at 419.530.8780.