The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is seeking nominations from faculty to recognize the University’s areas of research and scholarship excellence.
Promoting research, scholarship and creative activity is among the strategic priorities identified in The University of Toledo’s Path to Excellence strategic plan. Among the goals for that priority is to develop and implement a plan for national recognition in up to five areas of research excellence to build upon faculty strengths and to identify opportunities for growth and development.
Faculty members are invited to nominate areas of excellence and are encouraged to identify interdisciplinary and collaborative activities.
To nominate an area, create a document that includes:
• Name and brief description of the area;
• Description of the area’s specific focus (up to one page);
• List of disciplines and academic departments involved;
• Analysis of ways to achieve excellence or how it has already been achieved (up to two pages);
• Names of individuals responsible for organizing, leading and representing the area; and
• Names, academic titles and two-page curricula vitae of at least four additional participating faculty members.
Submissions are to be sent to Jack Schultz, senior executive director for research development, via email to email@example.com. The deadline has been extended to Wednesday, Jan. 31.
Click here for additional information.