The University of Toledo is seeking nominations for the Outstanding Faculty Research and Scholarship Award until Tuesday, March 1, at 5 p.m.
Since 1985, this award has recognized full-time faculty members who have contributed to the University through outstanding research, scholarship and creative activity in any of the academic disciplines.
“Developing and sustaining a vigorous research program requires dedication and focus, and the Outstanding Faculty Research and Scholarship Award offers an opportunity to recognize the truly noteworthy contributions of UT faculty,” said Vice President for Research William Messer.
Any full-time faculty member who made valuable contributions during his or her time at the University and has not received the award in the past is eligible. Both self-nominations and peer-nominations are being accepted.
Nominations must include:
• The nature and significance of the research, scholarship or creative activity upon which the nomination is based;
• The impact of the research, scholarship or creative activity on the nominee’s area of specialization;
• How the research, scholarship or creative activity was presented and disseminated to the nominee’s peers and to the wider professional community;
• Awards, honors or other recognition of the significance of the research, scholarship or creative activity;
• Support received for the nominee’s activities; and
• A complete curriculum vitae and signed and dated letters of recommendation (reprints, books and posters will not be accepted).
The Outstanding Research and Scholarship Selection Committee, which consists of past winners of this award, will review all materials. Messer will present the committee’s recommendations to the provost.
“I am proud of the high-quality research and scholarship of UT faculty who have established themselves as leaders in their areas of expertise. This is a great opportunity to recognize the impact that UT faculty research has on our community,” Messer said.
Winners will receive $1,500 and formal recognition at the Outstanding Awards Reception Monday, April 11, at 5:30 p.m. in the Radisson Hotel Grand Ballroom on Health Science Campus.
A list of past winners and the nomination form are available here.
Nomination forms and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.