Information Technology is offering multiple instructor-led Microsoft Teams training opportunities for faculty and staff in March and April.
The hour-long virtual sessions are hands-on and interactive, and will focus on one of four categories:
Introduction to Microsoft Teams for Higher Education
• Understand how to use class teams to create collaborative learning environments;
• Explore how to create and manage virtual class meetings and live events;
• Learn how assignments can be created, graded and returned to students in Teams; and
• Discover how to streamline collaboration with internal colleagues.
Microsoft Teams Meetings for Educators
• Understand the basics of Microsoft Teams meetings and its capabilities;
• Learn how to schedule and create meetings in Teams; and
• Explore key features in Teams meetings that enhance meetings and classes.
Microsoft Teams Breakout Rooms
• Understand how to set up and manage breakout rooms as the meeting organizer;
• Explore the participants’ experience of breakout rooms; and
• Learn how to bring breakout room participants back to the main meeting.
Microsoft Teams Channels and Files
• Understand shared resources in Microsoft Teams;
• Learn about owner, member and guest capabilities;
• Organize teamwork using channels;
• Work in channels by having conversations, sharing files and connecting apps; and
• Collaborate on shared files.
To view the complete schedule of training sessions and to attend an event, visit UToledo’s Microsoft Teams training sessions website.