The Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women offers more than $20,000 in privately funded scholarships each year.
“Our scholarship funds are an honor to the legacy of Catharine S. Eberly, who fought for women to have equal access to higher education. We are proud to continue this tradition of supporting women on campus,” said Dr. Kim Nielson, interim director of the Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women.
The deadline to complete the Eberly Center Scholarships application is Tuesday, March 19.
To apply, students should visit the Eberly Center website.
All applicants must have already submitted a 2019-20 FAFSA application, and be enrolled at The University of Toledo.
Scholarships available are:
• First Federal Women in Business Scholarship — This scholarship is for a female student who is pursuing a degree in business at The University of Toledo. This scholarship is need-based. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who have participated in programming at the Eberly Center.
• Second Degree Scholarship — For women who are pursuing a second degree at the University. Recipient must be a U.S. citizen with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
• Scholarship for Women in Math and Science — For women who are pursuing a degree in math or science at the University. Recipients will have 30 credit hours completed toward an associate’s degree, junior standing for a bachelor’s degree, or 12 credit hours completed toward a graduate degree. Must be a U.S. citizen with a minimum 2.7 GPA. Check out the Millennium Scholarship for Women in Math and Science page for a list of approved majors for this award.
• Scholarship for Women in Engineering — For women who are pursuing a degree in engineering at the University. Recipients will be entering freshmen or underclassmen who are accepted and/or currently enrolled in the College of Engineering. Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
• Rebecca Martin Hurst Memorial Scholarship — For female students at the University who are survivors of domestic violence. Refer to application description for specific requirements.
• Daisy B. Scott Business and Professional Women of Ohio Scholarship — For undergraduate women who have completed at least one semester at the University. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
• Management Forum of Northwest Ohio — For women who are age 23 or older and/or a single parent. Recipient must be a U.S. citizen with a minimum 2.7 GPA.
• American Association of University Women Marge Lee STEM Scholarship — For women who have completed at least one semester at the University, majoring in science, technology, engineering or math. Recipient must be a U.S. citizen with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
• Kathryn Uhl Miller Scholarship — Preference given to single mothers, women age 25 to 50 or to women who have participated in programming at the Eberly Center. Recipient must be a U.S. citizen.
For more information on these scholarships, call the Eberly Center for Women at 419.530.8570.
Two other scholarships for University women are:
• American Association of University Women Dean Katherine Easley Wemmer Scholarship — The Dean Katherine Easley Wemmer Scholarship is for a full-time undergraduate junior or senior, or a graduate student, pursuing any degree at the University. Applications should be emailed to Shelley Kotz at email@example.com by Friday, March 15. Go to the Dean Katherine Easley Wemmer Scholarship application page.
• University Women’s Commission Scholarship — For a University undergraduate student with at least 24 credit hours completed by time of application. All applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by Wednesday, March 13. The application is on the Office of Financial Aid website.