Students: There is still time to apply for the Frank E. Horton Presidents Club Scholarship.
Three $4,000 scholarships named for the University’s 13th president will be awarded to three undergraduate students who show academic merit and financial need.
• Be a senior in a baccalaureate program during the 2016-17 academic year.
• Possess a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid processed and on file in the Office of Student Financial Aid by Friday, April 1.
• Include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member with the applicant’s academic abilities or from the applicant’s academic adviser. The letter should include an assessment of the applicant’s academic performance compared to other students at the same level. Applicants also are encouraged to submit up to two additional letters of recommendation addressing either personal qualities or academic ability.
• Attach an official transcript from the Registrar’s Office.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate campus/community involvement and who have attended UT their entire college careers.
Seniors who will be receiving scholarships covering full tuition, fees, room and board during their last year are not eligible.
Those interested should click here and look at the Scholarships and Awards Guide, where the application is found in alphabetical order in the general section.
Applications are due Friday, April 1, and must be turned in to the Office of Student Financial Aid/Scholarship Services in Rocket Hall Room 1200.