Five candidates for the associate vice provost for student success have been identified by the search committee.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to get to know the candidates at open forums. Each will take place from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Listed by date, the candidates are:
• Wednesday, April 25, Thompson Student Union Room 2584 — Dr. Denise Bartell, director of student success and engagement at the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay. She also is the director of the Gateways to Phoenix Success at the school.
• Friday, April 27, Savage & Associates Business Complex Room 2160 — Holly Monsos, associate dean in the UT College of Arts and Letters. She also is a professor of theatre.
• Tuesday, May 1, Thompson Student Union Room 2584 — Dr. Michelle Grimm, director of the Engineering of Biomedical Systems Program and Disabilities and Rehabilitation Engineering Program at the National Science Foundation in Arlington, Va. She is on leave from Wayne State University, where she is an associate professor of biomedical engineering.
• Wednesday, May 2, Thompson Student Union Room 2582 — Dr. Barbara Schneider, senior associate dean in the UT College of Arts and Letters. She is also a professor of English.
• Thursday, May 3, Thompson Student Union Room 2582 — Dr. Melissa Schaub, associate vice chancellor for enrollment at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
The associate vice provost for student success will be responsible for providing leadership in the implementation of strategic initiatives related to retention and the undergraduate experience from pre-college through degree completion. This position will have direct oversight of the offices of Success Coaching and Academic Support Services. This oversight will include budget and personnel within these units.
The position is responsible for programs and initiatives that support outstanding academic experiences for undergraduate students at The University of Toledo: advising, orientation, the first-year experience, academic enrichment, and in the blending of curricular and co-curricular learning. The position works closely and collaboratively with the Division of Enrollment Management, as well as University College, the Office of Online Learning, the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and academic colleges across campus.
To see the finalists’ curriculum vitae and more about the position, go to utoledo.edu/offices/provost/avpsearch.