University of Toledo Health again will be recognizing the medical community by celebrating Nurses Week, May 6-12, and National Hospital Week, May 10-16.
For Nurses Week, there will be a basket raffle in the Four Seasons Bistro on:
• Wednesday, May 6, from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Thursday, May 7, from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, May 8, from 6:30 a.m. to 2 pm.
• Monday, May 11, from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, May 12, from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In addition, nurses will be treated to coffee and pastries, healthy snacks, cupcakes and popcorn throughout the week.
“National Hospital Week is a great opportunity to take the time to recognize and more importantly thank the hundreds of phenomenal people who make UTMC the great academic medical center that it is,” said Dan Barbee, vice president of clinical services. “People often think of hospital staff as just doctors and nurses, but there are countless unsung heroes in dozens of roles that the patients may never see who are also critical to the delivery of safe, high-quality care. The UTMC staff is the best I have ever seen in my 27-year career.”
To accommodate all shifts, the events will be held from 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. for first- and third-shift staff members and from 4 to 6 p.m. for second shift.
The following treats will be provided for all UT Health faculty, staff and volunteers throughout the week:
• Monday, May 11 — Milk and cookies;
• Tuesday, May 12 — Popcorn;
• Wednesday, May 13 — Cupcakes;
• Thursday, May 14 — Ice cream bars; and
• Friday, May 15 — UT Health gift distribution.