The 2014 Best Doctors in America list honored 34 physicians at The University of Toledo Medical Center.
As the only academic medical center in the region, UT Medical Center offers the best doctors in many specialties, including neurology, heart and vascular, and cancer care.
Listed by specialty, UT Health physicians named 2014 Best Doctors in America are:
• Cardiovascular Disease — Mark W. Burket, Christopher J. Cooper and Blair P. Grubb;
• Critical Care Medicine — Jeffrey R. Hammersley;
• Family Medicine — Sanford R. Kimmel; Kevin A. Phelps and Thomas J. Tafelski;
• Gastroenterology — Ali Taleb Nawras;
• Infectious Disease — Joan Marie Duggan;
• Internal Medicine — Basil E. Akpunonu, Douglas J. Federman, Rashmi Goyal, Srini Hejeebu, Christopher K. Lynn and Anand Mutgi;
• Medical Oncology and Hematology — Roland T. Skeel;
• Nephrology — Deepak K. Malhotra;
• Neurology — Imran I. Ali, Lawrence W. Elmer, Noor A. Pirzada and Gretchen E. Tietjen;
• Pathology — Amira F. Gohara;
• Pediatric Specialist — Jeffrey Lee Blumer;
• Pediatrics — Bryan T. Hinch and Sanford R. Kimmel;
• Psychiatry — Daniel J. Rapport, Ronald McGinnis, Marijo Tamburrino and Kristi Skeel Williams;
• Radiation Oncology — John Joseph Feldmeier (retired);
• Rheumatology — M. Bashar Kahaleh;
• Sleep Medicine — Raymond E. Bourey
• Urology — Michael Rees and Steven H. Selman; and
•Vascular Surgery — Gerald Zelenock.
For more information about UT Health, visit uthealth.utoledo.edu.