Explore what downtown Toledo has to offer this summer with free lunchtime walking tours starting Thursday, July 5.
All nine Discover Downtown Walking Tours will be held from noon to 1 p.m. every Thursday through Aug. 30. The tours will showcase great Toledo locations like the Casey Pomeroy House and Uptown.“Too often Toledo area residents get caught up in negativity and lose sight of Toledo’s many positive qualities,” said Sue Wuest, assistant director of the UT Urban Affairs Center. “The Downtown Toledo Walking Tours give us all a chance to take a closer look what makes our city beautiful and unique. Take a tour this summer and you will come away with a renewed appreciation for our rich history and our architectural wonders.”
Tours will take place rain or shine and are sponsored by The University of Toledo Urban Affairs Center and the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library.
The tour schedule is:
• July 5: The Riverfront Walk. Meet at Jefferson Avenue and Water Street.
• July 12: Vistula’s Superior Street. Meet at 1107 N. Superior St.
• July 19: One Lake Erie Center. This location is the former Lamson’s Department Store at Jefferson Avenue and Erie Street. Meet at the Erie Street entrance.
• July 26: Standart Lofts in the Warehouse District. Meet at 34 S. Erie St. and park in the former Erie Street Market parking lot.
• Aug. 2: Toledo Museum of Art Architectural Tour. Meet at the museum, 2445 Monroe St., at the Monroe Street entrance.
• Aug. 9: Extreme Makeover — The Casey Pomeroy House. Meet at 802 Huron St.
• Aug 16: Courthouse Square. Meet at 700 Adams St. at the McKinley Statue.
• Aug 23: Discover the Oliver House. Meet at 27 Broadway St. at the entrance to Maumee Bay Brewing Co. in the parking lot.
• Aug 30: Uptown. Meet at 14th Street and Madison Avenue.
For more information about the Discover Downtown Walking Tours, contact Irene Martin at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library at 419.259.5233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.