Come one, come all to The University of Toledo’s Homecoming to “Rock-et Under the Big Top at the Greatest School on Earth!”
Homecoming week activities will include:
Wednesday, Oct. 3
• Student Organization Carnival Day — 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., grassy area west of the Student Union and south of the Memorial Field House. Meet the Homecoming Court candidates, play some carnival games, and check out the inflatables and food.
• Concert featuring Hellogoodbye, 7 p.m., grassy area south of the Memorial Field House. Free event sponsored by Campus Activities and Programming.
Thursday, Oct. 4
• College of Business and Innovation Alumni Affiliate Dean’s Breakfast, 7:30 a.m., Toledo Club Centennial Room, 235 14th St.
• Talent Show sponsored by the National Pan-Hellenic Council, 7 p.m., Doermann Theater.
• “Ring of Fire” Pep Rally, 7:30 p.m., the Flatlands. There’ll be free food, music by WXUT, and Toledo football players and coaches. Psyche up for the Toledo-Central Michigan football game by taking your best shot at the Triangle Fraternity Car Bash.
Friday, Oct. 5
• Golden Anniversary Class of 1962 Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Libbey Hall. Following lunch, the group will take a bus tour of Main and Health Science campuses.
• Homecoming Alumni Gala and Awards Ceremony, 6 p.m., Student Union Auditorium. The Alumni Association will present this year’s Blue T, Gold T and Edward H. Schmidt Young Alum awards, and college and affiliate award winners will be honored. Tickets are $30 per person. Members of the Student Alumni Association may use their free event benefit to attend. For more information or to make a reservation, call the Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586).
• Cheerleader and Mascot Meet and Greet, 9:30 p.m., Trotters Tavern, 5131 Heatherdowns Blvd.
Saturday, Oct. 6
• Cheerleader and Mascot Reunion Breakfast, 8:30 a.m., Savage Arena Joe Grogan Room.
• Edward C. Schmidt Homecoming Parade, 11 a.m. Sponsored by Blue Key, the parade will begin at West Bancroft Street and go to Middlesex Drive to Hughes Drive to Cheltenham Road and back on West Bancroft Street.
• Alumni Association Hot Dog Tent, noon, William and Carol Koester Alumni Pavilion. Come to the tailgate for free hot dogs, chips and pop; beer and wine will be available for purchase with proper ID. And there’ll be live music by Five O’Clock Rush.
• College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Alumni Affiliate Homecoming Luncheon, noon, Student Union Room 2592.
• Toledo vs. Central Michigan Homecoming Game, 3 p.m., Glass Bowl. See you at the game! Cheer on the Rockets and see the crowning of the Homecoming king and queen. Tickets are $24 for reserved seating; $12 for children 12 and younger; half off for UT faculty and staff; and free for UT students with IDs. For tickets, call 419.530.GOLD (4653).
Sunday, Oct. 7
• Golden Alumni Society Induction of the Class of 1962, 11:30 a.m., Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St.
For more information, go to utoledo.edu/homecoming/events.html or call the UT Alumni Relations Office at 419.530.2586 or the UT Office of Student Involvement at 419.530.4944.