The University of Toledo will host employee wellness screenings for faculty and staff as part of a campus-wide wellness initiative.
“One of the first steps to a healthy lifestyle is learning your own personal numbers, including cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure,” Michelle Peterson, UT wellness coordinator said.
“We are partnering with Human Resources and Talent Development and UT Medical Center to bring this service to all of our faculty and staff. This is an opportunity for our employees to get a snapshot of what is going on inside their body,” she said. “Many of us are too busy to take the time for our own personal health and wellness. We want to offer this gift of health during this time of the year, so we can focus on making our health and wellness a priority.”
Screenings will start Wednesday, Nov. 14, and run through Thursday, Dec. 13.
The confidential wellness screenings will include:
• Blood draw: Lipids, total cholesterol and glucose (fasting is recommended);
• Blood pressure;
• Height and weight; and
• Online wellness assessment.
Appointments will be needed to participate in the screenings, which for convenience will be held on three campuses. The screening dates, locations and times will be:
• Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 14 and 15: Plant Operations Room 1000 from 7 to 11 a.m. and from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 27 and 28: Student Union Ingman Room from 7 to 11 a.m. and from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 4 and 5, and Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 12 and 13: YMCA Morse Center, Dowling Hall third floor from 7 to 11 a.m. and from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 11: Scott Park VIP Room from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Appointments will be scheduled every 15 minutes.
Schedule your appointment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.