The Center for International Studies and Programs would like to invite UToledo faculty and staff members who have international backgrounds or experience to participate in the International Allies Program.
UToledo employees are encouraged to self-identify as a resource for international students and participate in international-related activities.
“Many international students miss the connection and sense of belonging from their home country, and the goal of this program is to provide a friendly environment and reliable resource to support our international students,” Xinren Yu, assistant director of the Center for International Studies and Programs, said.
Participants also may be a resource when international delegations visit The University of Toledo, Yu added.
• Be listed on the Center for International Studies and Programs’ website for easy access;
• Serve as a cultural connection for students from the same country;
• Be contacted when delegations from the same country visit campus;
• Be invited to an annual lunch/dinner for training purposes and to provide suggestions for the program; and
• Receive an International Allies Program sticker to display in the office.
“We encourage all domestic and international faculty and staff members to join us for this initiative and make The University of Toledo a more welcoming place for our international students,” Yu said.
Employees are encouraged to fill out the International Allies Program form.
For more information, email the Center for International Studies and Programs at email@example.com.