University of Toledo employees have pledged more than $70,000 as they strive to raise $125,000 before the end of the year for the UT Community Charitable Campaign known as UTC3.
“We are more than halfway there, and we are hopeful we can meet our goal by Dec. 31,” said Sam McCrimmon, vice president for advancement. “UT employees are answering the call to invest in the many reputable causes that are slated to benefit from this money.”
“I’m blessed with more than I need and I know others aren’t, so it just seems right to share,” Diller said. “It’s also exciting to think about the gift making a real change for the better for someone or strengthening Toledo, my hometown.”
Diller won the use of a suite for a men’s or women’s UT basketball game because of her donation. Employees who pledged $250 before Thanksgiving were entered to win this prize donated by Brooks Insurance.
McCrimmon reminds UT employees that the United Way of Greater Toledo, Northwest Ohio Community Shares, Community Health Charities of Ohio and EarthShare Ohio are reputable nonprofits that help more than 200 local, regional and national charities. UT employees can designate what charity or charities they want to receive their donation.
The campaign started Nov. 1 and runs through Dec. 31. The incentives are:
• $100 or more: UT item from the campaign treasure chest and an invitation to the UTC3 breakfast in the Savage Arena Grogan Room.
• $250 or more: UT pen and an invitation to the UTC3 breakfast.
• $500 or more: UT umbrella and an invitation to the UTC3 breakfast.
• $750 or more: UT umbrella and pen and an invitation to the UTC3 breakfast.
• $1,000 or more: UT umbrella and pen, an invitation to the UTC3 breakfast, and an invitation to a special post-campaign celebration with President Sharon L. Gaber.
To find out more about donating, look for weekly emails or contact Patty Gelb at email@example.com.