Let us keep the “happy” in the holidays and avoid motor vehicle crashes.
Please take a few minutes to read the list below of motor vehicle safety tips for prevention of accidents.
1. Buckle up.
2. Drive within the speed limits.
3. Do not drink and drive.
4. Do not eat while driving.
5. Do not text and drive.
6. Do not talk on the cell phone while driving.
7. Program the GPS prior to pulling out into traffic.
8. Do not groom yourself while driving.
9. Do not tend to children while driving.
10. Do not play loud music or sing and dance while driving.
11. Limit the number of passengers in your car at one time.
12. Do not allow pets to sit on your lap while driving.
13. Do not drive while drowsy; get plenty of sleep and exercise regularly.
14. Pull over and take a power nap if you feel drowsy.
15. Pull over and take breaks every two hours when driving long distances.
16. Do not drive while taking prescription drugs that could cause drowsiness.
17. Stay alert while driving — not only for your safety but for the safety of others.
Mulrow, professor emeritus of medicine, wrote this on behalf of the UT Motor Vehicle Safety Working Group.