Career Services is hosting Senior Launch Day Wednesday, May 6, to help graduating students learn more about career development and job searching.
The virtual event will include a series of round-table discussions where graduating students can ask questions, learn from employers and professionals, and build their career-ready toolkit for success.
Joining the discussions will be representatives from several companies, including Cedar Point, Amazon, Target, Highland Insurance, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Domino’s and Jo-Ann Fabrics.
Five round-table sessions are scheduled through Webex during the afternoon:
• Noon — Negotiating and Accepting Job Offers. Learn how to navigate salary conversations respectfully and what to consider when accepting an offer. The session will cover benefits, cost of living, understanding your industry, and knowing your worth.
• 1 p.m. — Interviewing in 2020. Interviews are moving to virtual formats with Zoom, Webex and Skype. Learn the best way to stand out in an interview.
• 2 p.m. — LinkedIn and Virtual Networking. Virtual networking is more critical than ever. Find out how to make your LinkedIn profile the best it can be and tips on how to grow your network.
• 3 p.m. — Resumés and CVs. Attend this discussion on how to avoid common resumé mistakes, how to use key words, and how to tailor your resumé.
• 4 p.m. — What a Boss Wants. Discover what the top skills employers are looking for and how to stand out as a candidate.
If you missed a session, or have questions, stop into Career Services’ virtual drop-in hours. No appointment is needed between noon and 5 p.m.
“We are here to help students and alumni with our virtual career center that students can access 24/7,” Shelly Drouillard, director of career services, said. “We offer interview preparation, job boards, and Rocket Connect, which allows UToledo alumni and our students an opportunity to network.”
In addition, Career Services will continue to offer virtual appointments for students and alumni.