Students: Ready, set, get involved! It’s time to have fun, meet new friends, and learn all about The University of Toledo during First Weeks events.
Check out the events organized by the Division of Student Affairs to welcome students to campus.
This year’s events include:
Tuesday, Aug. 18
• Movie on the Mall, 8:30 p.m., Centennial Mall. Watch “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and snack on popcorn.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
•Taste of Gateway, 5 to 9 p.m., the Gateway, located on the southwest corner of Main Campus at the corner of Secor Road and Dorr Street. Check out the shops and food, pick up free samples, play games and enter a karaoke contest.
Thursday, Aug. 20
• Bonfire, 8:30 to 10:30 p.m., the Flatlands. The Resident Student Association and the National Resident Halls Honorary will provide paint for the spirit rock and s’mores. WXUT and the Blue Crew will bring the entertainment.
Friday, Aug. 21
• Commuter Welcome Reception, 2 to 4 p.m., Student Union Ingman Room. First-year and transfer commuter students: Stop by for free ice cream before the New Student Convocation.
• New Student Convocation, 4 to 5 p.m., Savage Arena. UT President Sharon Gaber and faculty and staff members will welcome new students.
• After-Convocation Barbecue, 5 to 7 p.m., Lot 5 by Savage Arena.
• Foam Party, 8 p.m., the Flatlands. Dance and be lathered in foam!
Saturday, Aug. 22
• Slip-n-Slide, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., hill by Parks Tower. Meet classmates and have some fun and free food.
• Paint UT, 9 to 11 p.m., the Flatlands. Sponsored by Campus Activities and Programming, this paint party will feature black lights and electronic dance music.
Sunday, Aug. 23
• Carnival, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., grassy area south of Memorial Field House. Ride the Ferris wheel, play carnival games, listen to music, and grab some free food.
• Jam Session, 2 to 4 p.m., at Carnival in grassy area south of Memorial Field House. Learn about some of UT’s multicultural student organizations and support offices, and see a step show by members of the UT Greek community.
Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 24 and 25
• Student Affairs Welcome Stations, various locations across Main Campus. Administrators, faculty and staff will be on hand to answer questions and hand out freebies while supplies last.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Aug. 25 and 26
• Commuter Ice Cream Social, 5 to 8 p.m., Cold Stone Creamery, 4038 Talmadge Road. Meet other commuters and have some free ice cream.
Wednesday, Aug. 26
• Student Organization Fair, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Centennial Mall. There’s an organization for everyone; see for yourself! Get involved!
Thursday, Aug. 27
• Meet the Sororities, 7 to 9 p.m., Student Union Ingman Room. Sororities will give presentations for all students interested in recruitment.
Thursday, Sept. 3
• President’s Tailgate, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., tent near Rocket Hall and University Parks Trail. Meet UT President Sharon Gaber, play some games for a chance to win prizes, eat some free food, and listen to music before the UT-Stony Brook football game.
• UT vs. Stony Brook, 7 p.m., Glass Bowl. Students are admitted free with their Rocket ID; faculty and staff can buy tickets half off with ID; $25 to $60.
Saturday, Sept. 5
• Rocket to the Point, 8:45 a.m., meet at Transportation Center for a trip to Cedar Point. For $25, students can ride a bus to the amusement park, receive a park ticket and free (non-alcoholic) drinks. Space is limited; tickets on sale at Ask Rocky in the Student Union.
For more information, go to utole.do/getinvolved.