The gathering also will serve as a special welcome to new students and residents.
The celebratory picnic lunch will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a recognition presentation at noon.
“This recognition of the exceptional care provided by The University of Toledo Medical Center’s specialists reinforces the value of a true academic medical center in our community. University-quality care means taking on the most complex medical problems and offering the best patient outcomes,” said Dr. Jeffrey P. Gold, chancellor, executive vice president for biosciences and health affairs, and dean of the College of Medicine and Life Sciences. “We want to sincerely thank our staff and welcome all of our new health professions learners to UT.”
The recent awards for Toledo’s only academic medical center include:
• Ranking for a third consecutive year by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Toledo metro area’s best hospitals, recognized in six specialties: geriatrics, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology.
• Designation by Truven Health Analytics (J.D. Power and Associates) as a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital. The 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals is an annual, quantitative study that identifies the nation’s best providers of cardiovascular service. Selected from more than 1,000 U.S. hospitals, these winners provide top-notch care and set new standards for the health-care industry.
• Recognition by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation Healthcare Equality Index as a 2013 Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality. UTMC earned top marks for its commitment to equitable, inclusive care for LGBT patients and their families, who can face significant challenges in securing adequate health care.
• Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. UTMC also qualified for recognition on the Target: Stroke Honor Roll. The University of Toledo Medical Center is part of an elite group of hospitals recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for dedicated treatment of stroke patients according to evidenced-based guidelines.
• Gold Award from the Ohio Hospital Association for high achievement in its Organ Donation Champion initiative. UTMC’s April organ donation awareness campaign in partnership with Life Connection of Ohio included social media, posters, brochures, a flag-raising ceremony, informational tables, green chair campaign, screen savers and table tents in the Four Seasons Bistro.
The celebration also will include an evening meal that will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. and a breakfast served in the Four Seasons Bistro Friday, Aug. 23, from 7 to 9 a.m. to recognize employees who work other shifts.