The Lake Erie Center is accepting submissions for its seventh annual photo contest, “The Nature of Our Region: From Oak Openings to Maumee Bay,” through Friday, Oct. 21.
Photographers are encouraged to take shots of their favorite nature topics anywhere in the Toledo area. Both color and black-and-white photos will be accepted. All photographers are allowed up to three submissions.“What better way to showcase the amazing wonderment of nature that surrounds us,” Kathy Sullivan, communication and technology specialist at the Lake Erie Center, said of the contest. “The Toledo area is part of the world’s largest freshwater ecosystem rich with diversity.” Entries will be divided into the following age groups:
• Junior youth (6 years and younger);
• Youth (7 to 12 years of age);
• Teens (13 to 18 years of age);
• Adults; and
• Special needs adults.Entries can be submitted in jpeg, tiff or png format on the Lake Erie Center website here or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Full name;
• Age and age category;
• Email address;
• Phone number;
• Number of photos submitted;
• Photograph locations; and
• Additional information about the photos the judges should know.
Contest rules can be found here.
Sullivan said people should enter the contest so they can share their unique view of nature.“What I like the most about the photo contest is that it provides a forum where individuals can share their love of nature in an expressive way,” she said.
The first-place winner in every age group will win a $25 prize.
To see past winners, check out the center’s Facebook page here.