The Downtown Coaches Association, an organization devoted to promoting interest in The University of Toledo athletics, has moved its weekly Monday luncheons to Savage Arena on Main Campus.
The luncheons will be served in the west lobby of Savage Arena. Attendees are encouraged to park in area 4 located behind the arena and take the elevator to the second floor.
The Downtown Coaches Association, which has supported Rocket athletics since 1937, previously held its Monday luncheons at the Toledo Club.
The Downtown Coaches Association’s Monday luncheons offer Rocket fans an inside perspective on everything happening at the University. Each Monday, Rocket head coaches review the previous week’s contests, talk about upcoming opponents, and answer questions from association members. Rocket student-athletes also are on hand to talk about themselves and their teams, as well as take questions from members.
Annual membership dues are $40 per person ($50 per couple). The membership year begins July 1 and ends June 30. The Monday luncheon meetings begin in late August and continue until the end of March. In addition to the meetings, the association also provides the following assistance to the Athletic Department:
• Conducts the 50/50 raffle fundraising program at home football and basketball games;
• Organizes a giant reverse raffle fundraiser in the fall or winter;
• Recognizes student-athletes at the Monday lunch programs;
• Assists with graduate assistant scholarships and awards; and
• Contributes all net proceeds annually from club fundraisers and operations to the UT Athletic Department.
For more information about how to join the Downtown Coaches Association, call the UT Athletic Development Office at 419.530.2510.