Starting Monday, Feb. 22, reconstruction of Arlington Avenue between Byrne Road and Detroit Avenue and a water line repair will close both inside lanes of the road.
Those who frequent The University of Toledo Medical Center and Health Science Campus are encouraged to use the Glendale Avenue entrance to improve traffic, as repairs will continue through June.
The tentative repair schedule is:
Phase I: Water line repair
Monday, Feb. 22
• Work on the water line begins with digging exploratory hole.
• Inside lanes will close, and curb lanes will remain open.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 23-24
• Trench will be dug across Byrne Road.
• Use of Glendale Avenue entrance highly encouraged.
Next two to three weeks
• Repair work continues.
Phase II: Road repair and installation of new bike path
Friday, April 1
• North side of Arlington Avenue will open to two-way traffic.
• South side of Arlington will close for approximately six weeks.
Monday, May 9
• South side of Arlington will open to two-way traffic.
• North side of Arlington will close for approximately six weeks.
Throughout the course of the repairs, entrance 1 (West Medical Loop) and entrance 2 (Hospital Drive) will not close at the same time, and entrance 3 (Library Circle) and entrance 4 (East Medical Loop) will not close at the same time. Entrances will be closed during weekends and reopened by 7 a.m. the following Monday.
Detour signs will be placed prior to entrance closings.
Anyone with questions regarding the repairs or schedule should contact Collins at 419.530.1018.