The University of Toledo Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will name several rooms, offices and areas in the Larimer Athletic Complex to recognize the generosity of Rocket supporters.
“The Department of Athletics is very grateful for the overwhelming generosity of our donors,” said David Nottke, senior associate athletic director for development and external affairs. “We asked for their support with this project, and so many stepped up to make it a reality.”
The UT Board of Trustees approved Feb. 9 the naming of the following areas in the Larimer Athletic Complex in the donors’ honor in recognition of their gifts:
• A player position meeting room for Mike and Teresa Boyle.
• An academic office for Carl and Sue Happ.
• An assistant football coach’s office for James and Nancy Lapp.
• A player position meeting room for Frank Miceli.
• A weight room office for Perstorp Polyols Inc.
• An assistant football coach’s office for H. David White and Dave White Chevrolet.
• The equipment room for Bob and Carol Eberly of Team Sports Inc.
• A physical therapy room, located within the athletic training room, for Alfagreen Supreme.
• An assistant football coach’s office for Dean and Lil-Mar Stroh.
• The main lobby atrium for Dave and Sue Bissonette.
• The wall of champions for George and Corrine Joseph.
• The coaches’ office suite and legends lounge for Ron Vail.
• The second floor reception area for Jim and Barbara Poure.
• The players’ lounge for Al Thigpen.
• The Rocket Academic Center for Roy and Marcia Armes.
• The team meeting room for Fischer Tool and Die Corp.
• The staff conference room for Dick and Jane McQuade.
• An assistant coach’s office and the coaches’ locker room for Bill and Carol Koester.
• The head football coaches office for Dr. Tom and Mary Wakefield.
• The defensive linemen’s meeting room will be named in honor of George P. Hotz, a defensive tackle from 1969 to 1971, thanks to the support of Gerry and Candace Seizert and the Seizert Family Foundation.
• A player position meeting room will be named for the 35-0 “Unbeatable Rockets” from 1969 to 1971, thanks to a lead gift from Alfred A. Baker and donations from other members of the team.
• The athletic training room will be named in memory of former head athletic trainer David Huffstettler, thanks to a gift from Dennis and Shelia Johnson in his memory.
• And the entryway onto the football field will be named the Sullivan Walk of Champions to recognize the generosity of Chuck and Jackie Sullivan. The football locker room also will be named in their honor.
There are many others who have contributed gifts for named rooms and offices, as well as others who have given without naming recognition attached to the gift, Nottke said.