After hundreds of students, faculty, staff and community stakeholders attended a series of town halls to reimagine The University of Toledo’s mission, vision and values, the Strategic Plan Committee used that insight to draft new statements.
The committee encourages the University community and the public to review and provide feedback on the draft mission, vision and values statements by April 30.
Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The draft statements are:
The University of Toledo improves the human condition as a public research university and academic medical center whose mission is to educate career-ready graduates, cultivate leaders, create and advance knowledge, care for patients and engage our community.
The University of Toledo will impact the present and shape the future through our people, actions and discoveries. We are committed to:
• Creating a diverse community built on foundations of respect, inclusion and belonging
• Embracing a people-first culture where we are known for outstanding student, alumni and patient experiences and as an employer of choice
• Launching graduates equipped to think critically, act ethically, collaborate and communicate effectively in diverse environments, and apply their knowledge and skills to analyze and solve real-world problems
• Building on our distinct strengths in science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, law and professional programs
• Fostering research, innovation and discovery that transforms our world
• Partnering with our community to advance our mutual success and create opportunity for all
• Inspiring a love of life-long learning and commitment to serving others
• Developing and strengthening relationships that invest in our mission to improve the human condition
• Academic Excellence – We embrace the highest standards of achievement, challenging our students, faculty and staff to reach their greatest potential.
• Research & Innovation – We impact the world around us through innovation in discovery, integration, application, teaching and creative works.
• People-Centered – We prioritize our relationships with our students, patients and employees, creating a culture where they feel valued, supported and part of the Rocket family.
• Inclusion – We foster belonging, equity and respect for all as part of our commitment to valuing diversity of people and ideas.
• Community – We advance the public good in our regional, state, national and global communities through service and collaboration.
• Integrity – We are trustworthy, acting with honesty, transparency, accountability and authenticity in all we do.
• Efficiency & Effectiveness – We ensure long-term success through fiscal stability, sustainability, alignment, efficiency and operational excellence.
After receiving feedback on the draft mission, vision and values and when a draft of the new strategic plan is realized, the committee plans to hold a second round of town hall sessions.
The collaborative process to create the next strategic plan to guide the institution’s future launched in November 2021.
The new plan is being designed to follow the existing strategic plan that guided the University from 2017 to 2022.
Visit the Strategic Plan website to learn more about the process.