The University of Toledo women’s basketball program will host its second annual Lessons in LeadHERship Conference Tuesday, April 30.
The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Thompson Student Union Auditorium.
“I was thrilled to have 350-plus people at last year’s inaugural conference, and I’m hopeful we can top that number this year with another outstanding lineup of speakers,” Toledo Head Women’s Basketball Coach Tricia Cullop said. “My hope is that this event continues to grow, as well as inspires current and future female leaders.”
Guest speakers at the conference will be:
• Lin Dunn, who was inducted in the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in 2014. She has 40 years of women’s collegiate basketball coaching experience and coached for 11 seasons in the WNBA.
• Dr. Adrienne King, UToledo associate vice president of marketing and communications. The 2018 Leadership American Program graduate joined UToledo in January from Murray State University. Under King’s leadership Murray State grew private support by an average of 47 percent and tripled the size of the school’s alumni association.
• Diana Patton, UToledo law alumna and author of “Inspiration in My Shoes,” a 2016 memoir that chronicles overcoming abuse, racism and heartache. The CEO of Diana R. Patton Consulting LLC is an attorney who speaks about leadership, emotional intelligence, diversity, inclusion and equity. She serves on the UToledo College of Health and Human Services’ board and the UToledo paralegal advisory board.
• Rhonda Sewell, manager of external and governmental affairs for the Toledo Lucas County Public Library. She was a journalist with The Blade for 18 years. Sewell is a member of the Toledo Press Club and is on the ProMedica Toledo Children’s Hospital Foundation board of directors.
• Sharon Speyer, president of the northwest Ohio region of Huntington National Bank, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares, a $100 billion regional bank holding company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. The UToledo law alumna is a member of the University Board of Trustees.
Chrys Peterson, former WTOL news anchor, will serve as the emcee.
The cost to attend is $50 per individual and $25 for high school and college students.
For more information, contact Lauren Flaum, director of women’s basketball operations, at 419.530.2363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.