The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay and 5K return in 2021 with the finish line in The University of Toledo’s Glass Bowl.
Organized by the Toledo Roadrunners Club, more than 6,000 runners and walkers are expected to participate in the events that will affect traffic on Main Campus and nearby on Saturday and Sunday, April 24 and 25. A number of parking lots on campus also will be impacted beginning Thursday, April 22 through the end of the weekend.
The parking lots affected are:
• Lot 10 north of the Glass Bowl and Lot 6 north of Health Education Center will close Thursday, April 22, at 9 p.m. and will remain closed until after the race. Cars remaining in Lot 10 will be towed Friday, April 23, at 4 a.m. to Lot 3.
• Lot 12W at the Law Center will close Thursday, April 22 at 9 p.m.; Lot 12 will close Friday, April 23 at 8 p.m.
• Lot 5 at the Sullivan Athletic Complex in Savage Arena will close Saturday, April 24, at 8 p.m.
• Lots 1N, 1S, 2 and the East Parking Ramp near the north entrance to campus, Lot 9 south of the Glass Bowl, Lot 8 at Carter Hall and Lots 3 and 4 near Savage Arena will be open for parking for the marathon on Sunday, April 25; however, cars will not be able to leave these lots until the race is over at approximately 1 p.m.
• Lot 26 at the University Health Center and Lot 13 and the West Parking Ramp north of Wolfe Hall Bowman-Oddy Laboratories also will be impacted, and cars will not be able to leave until after 7:30 a.m. Sunday, April 25.
Several campus roads also will close over the weekend until the runners have passed through campus. Rocket Drive between Douglas Road and University Parks Trail will be closed for the entire race on Sunday, April 25. Stadium Drive and North Towerview Boulevard will be closed in the morning for the start of the race. Secor Road from West Towerview Boulevard to Dorr Street will open at 7:30 a.m.
On Saturday, April 24, several campus roads will be temporarily closed in the morning for the 5K, including West Rocket Drive, East Rocket Drive, Stadium Drive, West Towerview, North Towerview, Bancroft Street and North Westwood Avenue.
For additional information about race parking and road closures, visit the Glass City Marathon website.
Learn more about the Glass City Marathon at glasscitymarathon.org.