The 18th annual Clean Your Streams event, presented by Partners for Clean Streams, will take place Saturday, Sept. 20.
Last year, more than 1,000 volunteers, including 320 from UT, participated in the event.
Registration is required. The deadline to register is Wednesday, Sept. 10. Call 419.936.3954 or visit http://utole.do/streamrsvp for more information.
Participants can choose from seven kickoff locations, including:
• The University of Toledo College of Law, patio entrance.
• The University of Toledo Medical Center, Collier Building Room 1000A.
• Olander Park Open Air Shelter, 6930 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania.
• Monroe St. United Methodist Church, 3613 Monroe St., Toledo.
• Side Cut Metropark, Riverview Area Shelter, W. River Road, Maumee.
• Oregon Municipal Building, 5330 Seaman Road, Oregon.
• Downtown Toledo, International Park Gazebo, Boers-Boyer Way.
Check-in will begin at 8 a.m., with a brief orientation at 8:30 a.m., and clean-up until noon. An appreciation picnic will be held for volunteers post-cleanup.
The University of Toledo is a community sponsor and a partner for the event.
For more information, contact Dr. Patrick Lawrence, UT professor and chair of the Department of Geography and Planning, and chair of the President’s Commission on the River, at email@example.com.