The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership is offering a series of six interconnected leadership workshops designed to be completed for a certificate over the course of the 2021-2022 academic year.
By completing three workshops over the course of each semester, students will develop personal goals and identify their personal leadership style. Students will develop self-awareness, enhanced communication skills and the necessary confidence in their abilities to exhibit effective leadership within student life.
UToledo LEADS will provide an introductory leadership development opportunity that allows students to jump start their leadership and involvement journey and a begin to develop a relationship with the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.
“UToledo LEADS is the perfect way for first and second-year students to meet similar-minded people while boosting their leadership skills” said Sarah Schaller, graduate assistant for leadership for the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.
The UToledo LEADS 2021-2022 workshops will take place from 5 to 6 p.m. in Thompson Student Union Room 2592, with the following scheduled dates:
• Sept. 15, Starting the Semester off Strong and SMART
• Oct. 20, Come on, Just Tell Me, What is YOUR Hidden Talent?
• Nov. 17, Taking Leadership to the NEXT LEVEL; Team Building and Bouldering
• Feb. 16, The Sum of Our Parts: Understanding Intersectionality
• March 16, The Art of Servant Leadership: Preparing for the BIG Day (Big Event)
• April, date to be determined, Reflecting and Recognizing. UToledo LEADS Ceremony
For more information or to RSVP, visit the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership’s Invonet site.