Get your motor running: “Rocket Road Trip — All Roads Lead Back to UT” is the theme of the University’s Homecoming.
Roll on down West Bancroft Street for fun and spirited celebration. Homecoming week activities planned for this year include:
• Casino Night, 7 to 10 p.m., Student Union Auditorium. Win big at this Las Vegas-style game night. Transportation will be available from 6:30 to 10:15 p.m. for students living in residence halls; stops will be made at the Transportation Center, Ottawa House, Horton International House and the Student Union. Students who bring a canned good will have a chance to win prizes; all donations will go to the UT Student Food Pantry.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
• Field Day, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Centennial Mall. Check out the free food and games.
• Homecoming Court Showcase, 7 p.m., Student Union Ingman Room. The top 10 king and queen candidates will walk the runway and show their Rocket pride. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Canned goods welcome for the UT Student Food Pantry.
Thursday, Oct. 8
• College of Business and Innovation Alumni Affiliate Dean’s Breakfast, 7:30 a.m., Toledo Club Centennial Room, 235 14th St. Speakers will be UT President Sharon L. Gaber and Dr. Gary Insch, dean of the UT College of Business and Innovation. Register for the free program, which will start at 8 a.m., by contacting the Alumni Relations Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Pancake Breakfast, 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Horton International House.
Friday, Oct. 9
• Food Truck Lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Centennial Mall. Stop by to see what these meals on wheels will serve up.
• Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. I-75 Homecoming Basketball Tournament, 6 to 10 p.m., Health Education Building. Cost: $30 per team. Admission to watch the action: $3 or a canned good. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Homecoming Alumni Gala and Awards Ceremony, 6 p.m., Student Union Auditorium. The Alumni Association will present this year’s Gold T, Blue T and Edward H. Schmidt Young Alum Award, and college and affiliate award winners will be honored. Tickets are $30 per person, $10 for children. For more information or to make a reservation, contact the UT Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Oct. 10
• The Edward C. and Helen G. Schmakel Homecoming Parade, 10:30 a.m. Sponsored by Blue Key, the parade will begin at West Bancroft Street and go to Middlesex Drive to Hughes Drive to Cheltenham Road and back on West Bancroft Street. The grand marshal for this year’s parade will be UT President Gaber.
• Alumni Tailgate, noon, William and Carol Koester Alumni Pavilion. Stop by for free hot dogs, chips and pop; beer, wine, bloody marys and Rocket fuel (vodka mixed drink) will be available for purchase with proper ID. And Five O’Clock Rush will play live music.
• Toledo Rockets vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Homecoming Game, 3 p.m., Glass Bowl. Cheer on the Rockets and see the crowning of the Homecoming king and queen. Tickets range from $25 to $60; $15 and $12.50 for children 12 and younger; half off for UT faculty and staff; and free for UT students with IDs. For tickets, call 419.530.GOLD (4653).
Sunday, Oct. 11
• The Golden Alumni Society Homecoming Luncheon, Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., Cost: $25. President Gaber will be the featured guest speaker. For more information, call the UT Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586).
For more information, go to utoledo.edu/homecoming/events.html or call the UT Alumni Office at 419.530.ALUM (2586) or the UT Office of Student Involvement at 419.530.4944.