The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation and the Business Engagement and Leadership Council will hold its 56th annual Pacemaker Awards Friday, April 12, at the Inverness Club.
Ramon E. Gonzalez III will receive the 2019 Business Pacemaker Award at the ceremony, which will start at 7 p.m.He received a bachelor of business administration degree from the University in 1961. Gonzalez split his career between serving as a foreign service officer at the U.S. State Department, as assistant vice president at Merrill Lynch, and as chief financial officer of Lone Star Seed Co. in San Antonio. He is now retired.
Gonzalez served in the military and is a retired captain of the United States Army Reserve. He also is a past member of the staff of the U.S. House of Representatives, and a member emeritus and past secretary of the Explorers Club, Washington Group.
The University alumnus is a strong supporter of the College of Business and Innovation’s Edward H. Schmidt School of Professional Sales. Gonzalez and his family regularly visit the University every fall.
“The Pacemaker Award is the College of Business and Innovation’s highest honor, recognizing individuals for outstanding achievement in business, as well as contributions to the community and the University,” said. Dr. Anne L. Balazs, dean of the College of Business and Innovation. “We also are proud to recognize our business students at this prestigious annual event.”
Student Pacemaker Awards are presented to College of Business and Innovation graduate and undergraduate students for their outstanding academic achievement, University and community service, and leadership.
The 2019 Student Pacemaker Award recipients are:
• Master of Business Administration — Himabindu Katrapati;
• Master of Science in Accountancy — Constance Baumgartner;
• Accounting — Rachael Noe and Hannah Smith;
• Applied Organizational Management — Gregory Matuszynski II;
• Finance — Landon Bleau and Spencer Shoemaker;
• Information Operations Technology Management — Cassidy Hamill and Scott Pribe;
• Management — Laurie Britt and Quinne Meyer;
• Marketing and International Business — Olivia Wright and Jovan Sanson; and
• Dean’s Award — Abigail Brannan.