A total of 70 faculty members were approved for tenure and promotion by The University of Toledo Board of Trustees at its April meeting.
There were 32 faculty members approved for tenure and another 38 who were promoted to professor, associate professor or assistant professor.
“This year’s cohort of UToledo faculty members who advanced through the tenure and promotion process are outstanding researchers and teachers making a difference in their fields of study and we are proud of their achievements,” said Dr. Karen Bjorkman, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs.
Fostering a culture of excellence by supporting retention, promotion and high job satisfaction for faculty is among the goals in UToledo’s strategic plan. Additional support through workshops and mentorship in the promotion and tenure process have made a positive impact on faculty success.
Dr. Jing Yuan Liu, associate professor in the College of Medicine and Life Sciences, received tenure.
Faculty members who received tenure and promotion to professor are:
College of Medicine and Life Sciences
• Dr. Ehab Eltahawy, Medicine
• Dr. Shobha Ratnam, Medicine
Faculty members who received tenure and promotion to associate professor are:
College of Arts and Letters
• Dr. Daniel Boden, Political Science and Public Administration
• Dr. Jeffrey Broxmeyer, Political Science and Public Administration
• Dr. Kimberly Mack, English Language and Literature
• Dr. Christopher Martin, Philosophy and Religious Studies
• Dr. Michael Joel Voss, Political Science and Public Administration
• Dr. Yanqing Xu, Geography and Planning
John B. and Lillian E. Neff College of Business and Innovation
• Dr. Catherine Johnson, Marketing and International Business
College of Engineering
• Dr. Ana C. Alba-Rubio, Chemical Engineering
• Dr. Serhan Guner, Civil and Environmental Engineering
• Dr. Ahmad Javaid, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
• Dr. Raghav Khanna, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
• Dr. Hossein Sojoudi, Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering
College of Health and Human Services
• Dr. Grant Norte, School of Exercise and Rehabilitation Science
• Professor Jodi Jameson
• Professor Gerald Natal
College of Medicine and Life Sciences
• Dr. Saori Furuta, Cancer Biology
• Dr. Steven Haller, Medicine
• Dr. Coral Matus, Family Medicine
• Dr. Fadi Safi, Medicine
• Dr. Roger Travis Taylor, Medical Microbiology and Immunology
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
• Dr. Tian Chen, Mathematics and Statistics
• Dr. Wei Li, Chemistry and Biochemistry
• Dr. Chunhua Shan, Mathematics and Statistics
• Dr. Ekaterina Shemyakova, Mathematics and Statistics
• Dr. Henry Streby, Environmental Sciences
• Dr. Michael Young, Chemistry and Biochemistry
College of Nursing
• Dr. Colleen Taylor, Adult, Family and Population Health
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
• Dr. Anthony Pattin, Pharmacy Practice
• Dr. Sarah Petite, Pharmacy Practice
The faculty members who achieved promotion to professor are: Dr. Aliaksandr Amialchuk, Dr. Kevin Egan, M. Beth Schlemper and Dr. Matt Yockey in the College of Arts and Letters; Dr. Dana Hollie in the John B. and Lillian E. Neff College of Business and Innovation; Dr. Edward Janak and Dr. Lisa Pescara-Kovach in the Judith Herb College of Education; Dr. Weiqing Sun in the College of Engineering; Dr. Janet Hoy-Gerlach in the College of Health and Human Services; Dr. Denise Bartell in the Jesup Scott Honors College; Dr. Jihad Abbas, Dr. Maria Alfonso-Jaume, Dr. Julie Brennan, Dr. Prasad Kakarala, Dr. Joseph Sferra and Dr. Puneet Sindhwani in the College of Medicine and Life Sciences; Dr. Richard Becker and Dr. Malathi Krishnamurthy in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; and Dr. Mariann Churchwell and Dr. Varun Vaidya in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The faculty members promoted to associate professor are Dr. Nicole Stotz in the College of Health and Human Services and Dr. Obi Ekwenna, Dr. John Fish, III, Dr. RongJun Guo, Dr. Rajesh Gupta, Dr. Gregory Kasper, Dr. Rajat Kaul, Dr. Abdulazim Mustapha, Dr. Mohamed Osman, Dr. Todd Russell, Dr. Sleiman Smaili, Dr. John Stengle, F. Michael Walsh and Dr. Carolina Wishner in the College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
In addition, faculty members promoted to assistant professor are Dr. Carol Bryan, Dr. Jennifer DeVries, Dr. Kathleen Mitchell and Dr. Tonya Schmitt in the College of Nursing.