The University of Toledo Athletic Department has announced the addition of several menu updates and enhancements to game days at the Glass Bowl for the 2019 football season.
The Glass Bowl game-day concession menu will expand to include an increased number of stands throughout the stadium, several new premium items, as well as the addition of local favorites such as Tony Packo’s and Holey Toledough Doughnuts.“We’re thrilled to bring in new vendors and expand our menus for fans. We want to make the Rocket game-day experience more memorable, and part of that experience is offering a variety of delicious food items at the Glass Bowl,” said Deputy Director of Athletics Dave Nottke. “We are also partnering with local vendors to bring our fans more of the food they love.”
Toledo Athletics also recently announced a partnership with a local franchisee to serve Domino’s Pizza as the official pizza at Rocket sporting events on campus.
New dining options are:
• Glass City Smokehouse — The new Glass City Smokehouse, located in the southwest end of the stadium behind Sections 11 and 12, will feature grilled hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, smoked brisket sandwiches, bratwurst and turkey legs, with additional smoked or barbecue menu items that will rotate every game. For the home opener Saturday, Sept. 14, the Glass City Smokehouse featured items will be brisket nachos and chorizo sausage. All sausages are made from scratch with smoked in-house meats.
• Beer Garden — There will be an expanded beverage menu in the Beer Garden on the north end of the stadium near Gate A. It will feature Budweiser and Bud Light, the official beer of the Toledo Athletic Department, along with favorite beverage choices in one location with quick and easy service.
• Fans-First With the Rocket Value Special — The very first stand on the West Concourse behind Section 2 will feature a Rocket Value Special: hot dog, chips and 20-ounce drink for $6.
• Main Stands on West and East Concourses — The main stands on the East and West Concourse will feature local favorites rom Tony Packo’s, the Front Street Frank and the Packo’s Original Hot Dog, as well as pizza from Domino’s and other game-day staple items. An express lane that will accept cash-only will be available so that fans don’t miss any of the action. Also, more locations will serve beer, with Budweiser and Bud Light available at the main stands.
• Food Court — The Food Court on the West Concourse behind Sections 2 and 3 will showcase new items like walking tacos and bacon-on-a-stick, along with other game-day staples like popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, candy and more.
• Sweet Shack — Located on the West Concourse behind Section 8, the Sweet Shack will feature a churro dog, as well as provide a rotating special item of the game and traditional sweet treats.
• Fuzzy’s Taco — Fuzzy’s Taco stand on the southeast corner of the stadium behind Sections 17 and 18 will feature street tacos and queso and chips.
• Holey Toledough Doughnuts — Local favorite Holey Toledough Doughnuts will be in the south end of the stadium with a doughnut of the game, other savory doughnuts and coffee.
• Rocket Hour — When the gates open 90 minutes before kickoff, for the first hour, fans can enjoy Rocket Hour with $4 12-ounce Bud Light and Budweiser. All Rocket fans 21 years and older are welcome to visit the Rocket Hour stand located in the south end zone. Fans are reminded to tailgate responsibly.
The Rockets also are improving the quality and speed of services, according to Nottke, and credit card transactions will be faster. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express will be accepted at all full-service stands. An ATM is located on the West Concourse behind Section 6.
Season and single-game tickets are on sale at the UToledo Athletic Ticket Office in the Sullivan Athletic Complex in Savage Arena, online at the Toledo Football Central website, and by phone at 419.530.GOLD (4653). Faculty and staff can buy tickets half off with ID, and UToledo students are admitted free with ID.