The University of Toledo’s football game against Fresno State Saturday, Sept. 17, will feature a special in-game ceremony showcasing the work that the Toledo Area Humane Society is doing in northwest Ohio.
The ceremony is sponsored by the Spartan Chemical Co. Inc., Maumee. Kickoff is at 3 p.m.
“The Toledo Area Humane Society is honored and very grateful that our new neighbor, Spartan Chemical, has chosen to acknowledge us on this very special occasion,” said Jessica LaValley, annual fund manager for the Toledo Area Humane Society. “It is because of community support like this, from companies such as Spartan Chemical, that we are able to save over 5,000 animals yearly by giving them the care and love they need and ultimately finding them their new forever homes.”
“The Toledo Area Humane Society is a charity that’s near and dear to many Spartan employees,” said Cali Sartor, director of marketing for Spartan Chemical. “We are excited to sponsor them and know that this event will be a lot fun, while helping to increase awareness of the work the humane society does in our community.”
In addition to the special in-game ceremony, fans will have the chance to engage representatives — and furry friends — from the Toledo Area Humane Society prior to the game at the FanFest area to learn more about how they can get involved and support the organization.
The Toledo Area Humane Society:
• Cares for about 5,000 animals annually, including 1,400 stray cats and 800 dogs from other shelters.
• Finds forever homes for about 3,500 animals annually.
• Has more than 200 foster families that annually help care for about 1,000 animals that are ill, injured or too young to be adopted until they are ready.
• Is assisted by almost 500 active volunteers who donate about 65,000 hours of their time annually to help care for animals at the shelter.
• Employs only two full-time cruelty officers that serve all of Lucas County. These two officers answer about 2,000 calls and rescue almost 500 animals yearly from situations of cruelty.
• Hosts about 1,500 children each year through its education department, which includes summer camps, Paws for Reading Program, birthday parties and fieldtrips.
Spartan Chemical has been a recognized leader in the formulation and manufacture of sustainable cleaning and sanitation solutions for the industrial and institutional market since 1956. Spartan manufactures high-quality products from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Maumee and sells both domestically and internationally through a selective network of distribution. Spartan’s chemical products and services are used in building service contractor, education, health-care, food service and processing, lodging/hospitality, and industrial markets.