Get ready and get involved: UT’s annual Day of Giving is this week.
The fundraising campaign, Rocket Forward: You Launch Lives, will begin at midnight Tuesday, Oct. 16, and will last until noon Wednesday, Oct. 17.
Alumni, faculty and staff members, students, and friends of the University who support its mission are encouraged to give during this second annual Day of Giving. Go to rocketforward.utoledo.edu.
And check out some of the events taking place Tuesday, Oct. 16:
• Meet and Greet with the President from 8 to 9 a.m. in the Collier Building. Dr. Sharon L. Gaber will meet students, pose for selfies, and pass out doughnuts and apples.
• Fall Fest from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Law Center. Donate to decorate mini-pumpkins and mugs; play cornhole, ring toss and horseshoes; and eat kettle corn, caramel apples and cider.
• Day of Giving Carnival from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Centennial Mall. Stop by for games, food trucks and the dog-petting station. Participants can donate dollars for coins to play games, at which they can earn tickets for prizes; donations may be made with cash, credit cards and Rocket dollars. It’s $1 to pet a pup!
• Taco Tuesday from noon to 2 p.m. in Rocket Hall. Donations will be accepted for lunch at this event sponsored by University College.
• Zumba Class at 8 p.m. between Ottawa East and Ottawa West. Donate to attend the class.
From 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, stop by Rocket Hall Room 1300 and pick up a bagel or doughnut for a donation.
For a complete list of events, go to utfoundation.org/rocketforward/events.html.
Every donor and every dollar will make a difference in this 36-hour campaign to raise money for student scholarships, athletic and educational programs, and resources for UT’s academic colleges, among many other areas.
Gifts to rocketforward.utoledo.edu during the Day of Giving can be designated to specific funds that support causes donors are passionate about, and there are more than 2,000 funds to support.